PTO Monthly Meeting Minutes
PTO Meeting Minutes
February 5, 2019
Attendees: Megan, Jacqueline, Sarah, Jessica, Melissa
- Money keeps coming in: $2800 from GCS for example…keep making money on school pictures as well
- For Science Night we actually spent $200 for pizza (we paid for METCO kids and teachers, families, etc.)
- Second order of K-cups went through…we ordered for 50 people and that seems like the right number
- Social Committee was budgeted at $500 but we
made a few dollars there as well
- Maybe another bingo night? Let’s move basketball from 6/7 and change to bingo; will wait until we’re closer to the date.
- Just a casual night out? PTO could buy food to help.
- Possibility that move could be delayed by construction…move could be delayed to December, 2019 break instead
- Architecture plans are back and Mark is getting positive responses
- Overall student size is diminishing which is great
- Solid night overall
- Online pizza ordering was good
- MM to ask Kari if they used the paper goods from PTO closet and if they have any receipts
Mystery Dinner Wrap Up
- Maybe change the format?
- Group texts to the hosts for time checks to get people on their way to dessert
- PTO is open to any format so we should let the committee be creative
- Shouldn’t be making money and yet we still do…let’s drop the price next year
- Sarah communicating thank you, dessert reminders, budget and costs, open on format, receipts to committee chairs
- Jess said planning is going well and there are enthusiastic volunteers involved
- Discounted tickets for volunteers to attend the auction? Sounds like a good idea…approved.
- Roaring 20’s speakeasy theme
Talent Show Planning
- May need to spend some more money this year on
items that Melissa will talk to Adam about
- Could show start a little earlier; thoughts on music files, tables, TV in holding area? Kids for video and photos?
- Sarah to help Melissa with coordinating behind the scenes
- Chair got FT job and needs to step down
- We need a new chair; there is a new person from
Lincoln-Elliot that is interested
- We would need to relinquish control if LE took over and so we’ll make less money than usual
- Need a young family to take over
- Kristy Moore can talk it up well so we need to spread the word as much as possible
Understanding our Differences
- Meg Gallucci will continue for 5th grade
- Sharon Russo is leaving
- Need incoming 3rd grade parent to come in and take over
- We need 3 committed people in total; need recruiting
- 3rd grade is 3 programs; 4th and 5th are 2 programs each
- Volunteer needs 3 hours of training once and they secure the speakers, etc.
- Jacqueline is sending out a volunteer-specific email to everyone re: GCS, UOD and Talent Show help
Carr Move Meeting on 2/6/19
- Mark has not notified us of needs
- Doesn’t seem like there are a lot of concerns